Monday, March 31, 2014

Book Review: The Lost Scrolls: Fire

The Lost Scrolls: Fire
by  Tom Mason, Dan Danko
Date Read: 3/29/14
Rating: ★ ★ 


Well, I love Avatar so I suppose I still enjoyed this book, but it wasn’t as cool as I thought it would be.  First it is set up as a juvenile book where the author has secretly gathered information you can’t share with anyone!  It was a little over the top for me.  The majority of the book was just a recap from Sokka’s, Katara’s and Aang’s POV of certain episodes of the show.  I didn’t feel like I got any more value out of it.

The only thing of value I found was the background information on the Fire Nation.  Although I already knew most of it, there were a few things I learned from it.  One was that the Fire Lord was originally the head Fire Sage until he broke off wanting to control the nation.  Also, it shows you the different martial arts styles that firebending is based off of.  Not knowing much about martial arts, this was interesting to me. 

Other than that though, this really didn’t add anything to my Avatar universe.  If you’re an Avatar fan and you find this book really cheap somewhere (like I did), I say go ahead and pick it up and add it to your collection.  If you have to pay full price, I say that this book is not worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...