Monday, June 15, 2015

Book Review: Haunted Castle on Hallow's Eve

Haunted Caste on Hallow's Eve
by Mary Pope Osborne
Date Read:  6/13/15
Rating: ★ ★ 
 ★ 

I picked this book up at a big book sale in town because I’ve had several people talk about what fun kids books they are.  I like to read a few chapters of an easy book right before bed to help me unwind…I use the time to scope out fun books to read to my daughter at bedtime as she gets older.

I didn’t realize I had the Christmas book also until after I finished reading this book. Technically the first book in the series is the Christmas one. What I discovered is that this holiday series is a special add on called the “Merlin Mission” series, and are basically side stories from the main series.  I don’t think I missed much by reading it out of order.

Other than not knowing who Jack and Annie were before starting this book, it did a pretty good job of filling things in for me about the Magic Treehouse.  The prologue is actually a nice recap for me to get me acquainted.

This was a fun book. I liked the Halloween aspect of a haunted castle.  I liked that Jack had to overcome his fear and Teddy had to learn that he wasn’t all that and needed his friends help.  It was a nice little twist on the Haunted part too. It was a really easy read and I think you can have your kids help predict what they think had happened to the castle and how they were going to beat the Raven King.


I am actually looking forward to reading more of these books because I think the others will be fun as they go through history.  Next up is the Christmas story --- which is the book right before this one. Then I’ll start looking for some of the others. There are a lot of books in this series though… 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...