Thursday, May 19, 2016

Comic Book Review: Legend of Korra (FCBD 2016)

Legend of Korra

Free Comic Book Day 2016

by  Michael Dante DiMartino
Date Read:  5/18/16
Rating: ★ 
★ ★ ★  

O.M.G. I was sooo happy to pick this comic up at Free Comic Book Day 2016.  I’m an avid Avatar fan, and really enjoyed Korra also --- AND it had a How to Train your Dragon comic too!!

This comic actually had 3 short stories included in it: Korra, How to Train Your Dragon, and Plants vs Zombies. I was really excited about two of them.

Korra – This story is about how Korra meets Naga.  Korra is just a little girl and has such attitude and wants to be able to do everything already. It’s sweet – I like seeing the young side of Korra and of course baby Naga!!  Very well written and the art is just like the TV series. Very well done.  Very happy with this one.

How to Train Your Dragon – This story is from the movie world and occurs after the events of the second movie.  Our Viking heroes are trapped in a cave thanks to Toothless accidentally caving them in. They’re preparing for a battle with the creatures outside and all start telling Stoic stories. I think my favorite was Astrid’s.  It brings back all the feels. I really enjoyed this story too.  Once I finish the actual book series, I am pretty sure I will watch the tv show episodes and pick up the comics. This franchise is bigger than I thought it was. Very good comic.

Plant vs. Zombies – Umm… I don’t even know what to say. I read it. But I didn’t enjoy it. I didn’t even know what it was about. Apparently it used to be an old computer game?  I’ve never even heard of it. The art was really strange and not very appealing. I’m glad it was only a couple pages long.  I wish this had been left out of this because the other two were great. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...