Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Comic Book Review: Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Special Edition (2014-) #1

Legends of the Dark Knight Special Edition (2014-) #1

Halloween Comic Fest 2014

by  Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale
Date Read:  5/10/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
★ ★ 

I haven’t really read any of the Batman comics. We picked this up for free on Free Comic Book Day this past weekend. We thought it was odd that this comic store had so many Halloween comics, but when I looked closely, it appears there is a Halloween Comic Fest – which this was a part of.

I really enjoyed this story. I am fairly aware of who Scarecrow is from the Dark Knight movies and Gotham, tv show. I thought the comic did it really well drawing the fear that people see. I’m not sure how Batman didn’t inhale the gas. Good lungs, I guess?

Obviously this was way too short. But it was enough to make me want to read the graphic novels. My husband owns several of them, so I plan to pick them up in the next month or two, once we’ve read all our free comics!

If you’re a comic nerd, you should definitely keep an eye out for this event next year. We hit up 4 different comic book stores and while they all had a lot of the same ones (the 2016 releases), some had some from previous events left over, and another appeared to just be moving out some of their old stock.  So we got a pretty good selection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...