Thursday, May 12, 2016

Comic Book Review: Harley Quinn Futures End

Harley Quinn Futures End
by  Amanda Connor
Date Read:  5/11/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
★ ★ 

I am really surprised how much I enjoyed this comic book. I've never been a fan of Harley Quinn - but honestly I never really followed comics much. I just was never a fan of her outfits and such. Now that I've started learning more about her background and reading her stories to see her personality...I'm actually starting to like her.

This one was pretty funny. It follows Harley on her way to the Bahamas but, unfortunately, the plane crashes. My favorite part was when she finds a Volleyball and tries to name him "Wilson", but says,
"No, too obvious". HAHA.  Perhaps this will go right over the heads of younger readers who have never seen the movie Castaway, but we 30 somethings will love it!

She runs in to a group of natives who recognize her as their queen and bring her to their King. Joker is a total jerk to her (which sounds like is par for the course), but she stands up for herself in this one. I liked that. The colors and style of the art was nice. I really liked everything about it.

This is a great way to start getting introduced to Harley Quinn because it's basically a completely separate storyline - being 5 years in the future. That means that we beginners won't get lost in a bunch of history we don't know. I really loved it.

And I loved the holographic cover!!

We picked this up for free from Free Comic Book Day 2016 and I super happy about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...