Monday, May 16, 2016

Comic Book Review: Suicide Squad, Volume 1

Suicide Squad: Vol 1: Kicked in the Teeth

Free Comic Book Day 2016

by  Adam Glass
Date Read:  5/13/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
★ ★

I really enjoyed the Suicide Squad.  Going in to this, I have very little knowledge of the Suicide Squad – most of it being from the brief part in the TV show Arrow and the previews of the new movie coming out. We picked this up for free on Free Comic Book Day 2016.

This comic is a very brief introduction to the Suicide Squad. It’s a perfect place to start for us newbies to the squad. It gives a little bit of background about how each member was arrested and then recruited to the team.  I thought it was done really well and left you wanting more.

I am aware of Amanda Waller from Arrow and I’ve never liked her there. So it didn’t surprise me when I didn’t like her at the end of this comic either. This actually made me want to look for more comics about the Suicide Squad.  I’m pretty sure that was the goal of Free Comic Book day – to get people interested in the comics…. And it did exactly that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...