Friday, June 3, 2016

Book Review: How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (#10)

How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (#10)
by  Cressida Cowell
Date Read:  5/18/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
     

Apparently I never wrote my review for this one either!  It’s been a while since I listened to it, but it was also really good. We spend most of the time worrying about Fishlegs.  While I was never truly worried about him, we never had any idea what had become of him.

I really liked the new character that shows up in this book in the form of the little girl. I don’t expect to see her again, but I hope she made it back to her mom!

I think the best part of this story was Gober’s speech to Snotlout.  Snotlout has really become a terrible person and Gober has a really good speech about whether Snotlout has been a good leader to earn loyalty from his tribe:
'We are about to leave you here alone,' said Gobber calmly. 'So you will have plenty of time to think. And what you should think about is this: what have I done as a Chief that will make someone here want to come back and save me?'
There is also a great speech from Valhallarama at the end as well.  The shift in power makes the world very interesting and to see some of the tribes switch sides is amazing.

This story also completes Fishlegs' story. We never knew how he came to be on Berk floating in a lobster pot. You have no idea who his parents were. We finally get all those answers in this book. What a delightful and sad story. It's nice to know where he came from and where he inherited some of this quirks and talents from, but it is sad to know his family is gone.  But Fishlegs gets an awesome dragon!!!  I've been waiting for this, so it was rewarding to finally get this information!

This book really starts to set up the final climax of the series as you continue to cheer on Hiccup and his supporters against Alvin and his mother and also the Dragon Furious.  What will happen to the dragons? I’m just not sure how it’s going to all play out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...